Pacific Plastics IPS Schedule series of PVC pipe is produced for use in both the pressure and DWV applications in which the maximum operating temperature is 140°F. The compound is PVC 1120 Type 1 Grade 1, with a cell class of 12454B, per ASTM D1784.
Each one of the categories of our Schedule series listed below is produced in strict compliance to ASTM D1785. It is listed with NSF and complies with NSF/ANSI Standard 14 and Standard 61. The Sch40 White pipe is dual marked, so it can be used both for Pressure and DWV applications. The dual marked pipe conforms to ASTM D1785 and ASTM D2665.
Sch40 pipe is installed per ASTM D2855. The joints should conform to ASTM D2672, the solvent cement to ASTM D2564 and the primer to ASTM F656.
Our Schedule series of PVC pipe is produced in the following categories:
- White ASTM D1785 & ASTM D2665
- Sch40 for use in pressure and DWV applications
- Sizes 1/2″ – 12″ are produced in White color, 20 foot lengths and Belled End
- Sizes 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″ are marked for pressure applications
- Sizes 1¼”-12″ are dual marked for pressure and DWV applications
- Sizes 1/2″ – 2″ are also produced in 10 foot lengths Plain / Belled End
- The pipe is Dual marked with ASTM D1785 for use in potable water applications and with ASTM D2665 for use in the DWV applications.
The outside diameter and wall thickness of Sch40 pipe are measured in accordance to ASTM D2122 and are shown in the following tables:
OD – Outside Diameter
T – Wall Thickness
C – Approximate Bell Depth
PSI – Pressure Rating
This is to certify that, in this category of PVC pipe, all the products manufactured by Pacific Plastics have been inspected, sampled and tested in accordance with the following specifications and have been found to meet or exceed the requirements of those specifications.
- PVC1120 Type1 Grade1
- Cell Class 12454
- ASTM D1784 Specification for Rigid PVC Compounds
- NSF Listed
- Sch40 White (Pressure/DWV)
- Solvent Weld Belled End
- 1/2″ – 12″ IPS
- 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″ are marked for presure applications
- 1¼”-12” are dual marked for pressure and DWV applications
- ASTM D1785 Specification for PVC Pipe
- ASTM D2665 Specification for DWV Pipe
- ASTM D2672 Specification for IPS PVC Pipe Joints using solvent cement
- Complies with NSF / ANSI Standard 14
- Complies with NSF / ANSI Standard 61